Saturday, January 22, 2011

rich and smelly

First, my parent's BR. on the 2nd floor, faced the river and there was a place to sit and look out, almost like a bay window. I was about 5-b.s.(before school, anyway) and would go in their room during the day because they had a clock radio about 8" x 12" and it just amazed me the sounds that came from it; I pretended their were "little people" inside giving the news and making the music, were inside.  Quite a few for a full piece orchestra!  Then one day, and I don't know what  it was about, my folks had quite a violent or heated argument. My dad yanked the radio from the wall, smashed it to pieces, then threw it in the trash.  There was NO music from the outside world coming into our house until about 1966, when we were living @ Pymatuning Lake.  They bought one of those 6' long combo's-TV(color never worked quite right), with a 78 RPM record player on the top left and an AM/FM radio in the right;speakers(stereo) were underneath.  Anyway, "Puff," the over priced Persian cat came in the room.  Previously, my dad bough mom a bottle of expensive perfume-about$25.00/half ounce.  I thought Puff could smell better and i shook the entire bottle out on him NO ONE was happy with me, especially the cat.  To Bad.  We had one other Persian cat named Chi Chi (don't ask), that was a pig, never cleaning itself off or any other kind of grooming.  He disappeared to somewhere. Side Note: the cats were purchased from a breeder in Blanox(along route 28 towards Pittsburgh. Besides her house, she had a large heated garage with about 75 cages with cats in them. The place smelled worse than a pit style outhouse at a State Park, with about 150 championship bloodline cats all total.  The first cat she showed my dad was her pride and joy: a Manx cat which was multi-shades of brown and they have no tail!
My dad, not one for words, told her it looked like a rat(it did, just a little bigger-and the "Butcher's Wife," got it besides the three blind mice!

No comments:

Post a Comment