Sunday, December 19, 2010

death

while i want his blog to be a history of stories (true-just like "Big Fish") of me from birth to now, the death of my father is still fresh in my mind and heart.  after 64 days without getting out of his hospital bed, except to be transported for radiation treatments on his brain, (about 30), the day he died or the day before-i cannot remember which, talking on the phone with my brother Tim(8 years younger than me, 12/08)), because he was sobbing so hard. dad opened his eyes and said loudly, "I want to die!  This, from  a robust man who always said he planned on living till he was a 100 years old, was quite traumatic to Tim and then to me when Tim told me.  He just must of had enough.  Rita, Tim's wife was a saint: always shaving dad so he would look his best and going with him in the ambulance to radiation.  I think she was the the last person in the room before he crossed over. she kissed him, said, "I love you dad," and left the room By profession, she is or has nursing skills.  but I know, and the Spirit confirms, that dad wanted everyone out of the room before he "left."
  Tim relayed another thing that I can't remember being told, but probably was, by dad, four simple values to ALWAYS do:  they are: "Always say "Please," and always say "Thank You," use a firm grim in a hand shake and ALWAYS open the door for a woman.
 They sound so simple yet, when was the last time when asking of someone, did you say, "please?" and then in gratitude, no matter how little the act, did you say, "thank you?" and not only was your handshake firm-like you meant it-because your word was your bond, and a firm handshake was you "notary seal," so to speak. And to h**l with woman's "lib" garbage, but do you ALWAYS  open the door-car, home, or a store, for your wife or just as an act of courtesy for any women of any age, perhaps an unspoken  "thank you," for having children, and not choosing abortion as a convenience, and nurturing them with love forever.  remember mom (and dad) your child is your child now and forever-more important than spending dollars on yourself or putting you pleasures- physical-pizza and booze and ice cream immediately come to mind- and buying things that you think will make you happy.  I will end tonight with this: pleasure is outside the heart: something we have to go and get or add to our list of "toys" or we will 'die' without; joy comes from inside the heart.  how often do we in the world confuse the two?  Remember, Jesus Christ wore simple clothes, didn't have the latest chariot, ate simple foods donated or bought with donations, and completely changed world views in three years.  A God, in His own right, who under the direction of his Father, created us, ALL life forms,yea,"even world without numbers."
 I wonder if He was sad on His birthday(Christmas) because he didn't have a high definition TV, an i-pod or a Lexus parked outside his step father's shop. Ending with a suggestion of life for this time of the year and next year for sure: how about the week before Thanksgiving till the Super Bowl is over, we all cancel our newspapers, turn off the radio and TV"s, no texting, and cell phones are for emergencies only? Dad(or Mom) being told to bring home "fast food" via the cell phone, for dinner, is not an emergency, and all christmas gifts can't exceed $20.00 and have to be hand made?  Could you handle it?  It's not like I am asking you to live in one of the many cavedominiums (like the Babe, Jesus and putting you children to sleep in their manger's and bed's of straw! Be of good cheer (a commandment in Romans-find it)) for if you really stop and add the + and -'s your life,blessings outnumber your sorrow's.  Even if the sorrow's of life hurt, and they do.
COMING UP IN THE NEXT BLOG: " I slept with another woman a long time before I met your mother and my wife and eternal companion: she kept me warm and cuddly and fed me meals she made herself, which she didn't do for my four brothers! and it was in no way a sin to be confessed!  love and hugs and my blessings upon you, dad / tom valencic
This blogs continuous quote is from Mark Twain:  every word can be spelled in more than one way!

No comments:

Post a Comment